Funkhanas are supposed to be just that, fun. Safety can easily be overlooked. Without discouraging any clever ideas for Funkhanas, the safety committee feels a few guidelines are in order.
- All drivers and navigators should stay in the car.
- Driver at least, should be wearing a seat belt (if the car is equipped).
- Same age limits for drivers as gymkhana's.
- Keep spectators back at a safe distance.
- Paper bags over the driver’s head are not allowed.
- The driver’s vision shall not be impaired in any manor at any time that the car is in motion and the motor is running.
- Navigators must remain in their seats while the car is in motion violators should be disqualified.
- If driver exits car during the event, car must shut off.
Funkhanas are supposed to be fun, but keep safety and common sense at the top of your list!